Today I made beef jerky for me and my family. It was really fun! A week ago I saw my dad got jerky seasoning. I knew he was going to make jerky or have us(my mother, sisters, and I) make it. My dad usually only grills steak or fish outside, but my mom’s starting to do that now. He also makes things like pizza to “show” us how to make it. I didn’t like to see that he got jerky seasoning because it’s VERY unhealthy, and I wouldn’t like to put a recipe like that on my blog. I decided to put it on because I still think it’s healthier than the bought ones.
This recipe doesn’t require ANYTHING but a plastic bag, a cookie sheet, a rolling pin, and a oven! I’d love to get a dehydrator, and a jerky gun, my dad said first I make this then we’ll see about getting a jerky gun! As you see in the picture below, some look a bit different. With a pound of ground beef I made 18 of those jerky’s, 6 on each sheet, on one sheet I made it with out black pepper and garlic powder and put it in for 2 hours as the video my dad gave me. The next bath I put in for 3 hours, everyone said it was the best, then the last one I put in for 2 1/2 hours because some of the ones from the other batch got a bit burnt. This recipe was super easy for a 12 year old(me!), It just takes SO long! I defiantly think it’s worth it! We have 5 more packs of the jerky seasoning, after we run out of that I’ll try to post a recipe without the processed seasoning, but I hope you enjoy this for now!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- One Pack of jerky cure and seasoning
- Preheat the oven at 170
- Mix the ground beef with the jerky seasoning, sure, ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Then put it in the fridge for 1 hours.
- Cut both sides of a plastic bag. put a tbsp. of the meat and put it on the plastic bag. Close the plastic bag and roll it out until its about ¼ inch tall. If you'd like you could roll it all out together.
- If your making a bunch of smaller ones than after your first cookie sheet is full put it in the oven
- Once finished put it in the oven for about 2½ hours or more. Serve at room temperature.
This is the video my dad gave me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?