Eat Healthy, Play Hard is a blog and online community that shares nutrition, fitness, health and motivational tips, resources, and case studies. We focus on promoting Kids Nutrition, Kid Exercise and Preventing Childhood Obesity — one family at a time.
Eat Healthy, Play Hard! has very simple goals: To Empower Families To Eat Healthy and Play Hard Together!
By eating more nutritiously and having fun exercising as a family, Together we CAN live healthier lives.
Ponn Sabra is a best-selling author who has been using this phrase all her years as an active mom of three girls. Whenever people ask how the Sabra Sisters and their mom stay so healthy and in shape, especially after witnessing the hearty meal portions they eat, Ponn always replies “because we Eat Healthy, and Play Hard.”
Since being overweight and/or obese leads to many illnesses for adults AND children, the Sabra’s have always shared their Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle choices and tips with other families to learn and benefit from over the years. Now prolific kid bloggers and bestselling authors, Ponn’s daughters finally said “it’s time to make it more official…hence, the birth of EatHealthyPlayHard.com.”
Please note that the Sabra’s promote everything in moderation. Therefore, you will see sweet rewards and relaxed fun shared throughout this blog in addition to the nutritious recommendations and playful exercise regimes.
The main blogger here is GiGi Sabra (born 2001), also known as the Fit Kid Chef. She is a twelve year old who wants to become a pediatrician dedicated to preventing childhood obesity. She believes that if all kids “Eat Healthy and Play Hard” (http://EatHealthyPlayHard.com) with their family, childhood obesity won’t be a problem. GiGi loves cooking (food sciences, nutritional sciences, and Math in cooking), and dancing and exercising (sport sciences) around a lot! Also an award-winning inventor, GiGi was a professional blogger and vlogger since nine years old, and bestselling author at eleven years old. Like most foodie bloggers, GiGi has a growing affinity for smartphonography.
We’ve been taking Baby Steps since 2013 with the following two goals:
- Eat Healthy Goal is to get more kids involved in the kitchen, by cooking and preparing health foods at an early age. There are many benefits such as nutritional awareness, and encouraging healthy food choices. Therefore, our goal is to publish at least two of our Childhood Can Cook Cookbooks.
- Play Hard Goal is to motivate at least 100 family members to get involved in Presidential Challenge, by joinging our Eat Healthy Play Hard Group. Come join us so we can motivate each other!
- How to Join. Become a member at www.presidentschallenge.org
- Once your in your account. Click “Groups” Tab. Search Group name: Eat Healthy Play Hard or Group number: 943110
- Click “+Join This Group”
Come read more about the Devastating Discoveries of an 8-year old in Public School here.
The Eat Health, Play Hard! Household
The main blogger is GiGi Sabra (born 2001) is a twelve year old who wants to become a pediatrician dedicated to preventing childhood obesity. She believes that if all kids “Eat Healthy and Play Hard” (http://EatHealthyPlayHard.com) with their family, childhood obesity won’t be a problem. GiGi loves cooking (food sciences, nutritional sciences, and Math in cooking), and dancing and exercising (sport sciences) around a lot! Also an award-winning inventor, GiGi was a professional blogger and vlogger since nine years old, and bestselling author at eleven years old. Like most foodie bloggers, GiGi has a growing infinity for smartphonography.
- GiGi loves cooking, baking, preparing foods, setting and designing “pretty plates”, promoting kids cooking safely, and rollerblading. GiGi writes, organizes and compiling the family’s recipes into “Children Can Cook Cookbook” series. She’s fascinated by the science of food and sports.
- JoJo is most involved in nature, climbing trees, nurturing her gardens and fruit trees to harvest whatever she can for mom to cook. JoJo is outside in snow, sleet, rain, and hot, humid sticky days too. One aunt calls her “Monkey” because she loves climbing trees.
- JuJu loves cooking and baking, but keeps her passion quiet.
- All the girls went to farm camps to learn all aspects of caring for all kinds of farm animals, because all the Sabra’s dream is to have a farm and stables one day. Ponn loves horses and stable work, but she stays far away from farm animals…which she realizes that when they’re dream comes true, that won’t be the case. Ponn insists that cleaning, freezing and preparing fresh slaughters is enough for her.
- Mom/Mommy/Mama Ponn continues literally run the show, enforcing and participating in near-daily calisthenics and workouts. The girls believe the highlight of their days is when mom workouts with them.
- Daddy brings the family to the beach for long walks, mountains for arduous hikes, helps plant, groom and nurture the home garden and fruit trees. He supports the family’s interests in the kitchen and backyard relay runs, etc; and rather assure the family are all trained sharp shooters (which all the girls are).
- Papa (grandpa) taught the girls (including Mommy) everything they know about nature, gardening, cooking fresh natural food, fishing, etc. At 72 years young, Papa still eats 10-course dinners, and climbs 20-50 feet high in the tree just to trim his trees himself. He planted a peach tree when JuJu was born, and a pair of pear trees for GiGi & JoJo was born…I guess he (and out late Gramma) knew we’d have a third…even though we know pear trees can’t live without having its pair. To this day, Papa’s peaches and pear are the best in the world! [Papa doesn't live with us, but we think so; because he's always in our hearts and minds.]
When possible, the girls get archery practice and horsebacking riding in.
Just a bit more history where Mom Ponn gains her inspiration for living a Eat Healthy, Play Hard! lifestyle.